The Society has been involved in a large number of local heritage projects since its foundation. Some of these include:
- A monument to the victims of An Gorta Mór, erected in 1997 at Annaghdown Cemetery;
- The restoration of Cathair a’ Cillín, a children’s burial ground in Creggduff, including installation of a memorial stone;
- A programme of events to commemorate the centenary of the birth of Michael Davitt, including the erection of a a plaque commemorating his Monster Meeting at Corrandulla;
- Hosting the launch of the Galway County Heritage Plan in 2004;
- A project to record stone-built wells in the area, supported by the Heritage Council.